The new world of work
The new world of work requires an increasing range of devices andappsto maintain productivity. As a result, the amount of mobile technology in the workplace has increased dramatically. Today, you're using more devices, across more connections than ever before, and the network perimeter extends to wherever your employees are. Your increased use of mobile devices, coupled with the increasing merging of the personal and work spheres, means that your organisation's information assets are being exposed in entirely new ways. This raises new questions about security.
With WeSafe Device Management you get:
- Protected and secure devices
- GDPR safeguarding with key policies
- Central control and restriction of corporate data
- Central control and management of devices, apps and applications
- Automated device configuration
Effective device management
GDPR also sets high standards for the security of company information. Developments and threats to your business and its information, combined with the requirement to maintain aof productivity and efficiency means that the IT environment must evolve in line with the security threats facing your organisation. Effective device management plays a crucial role in the ability to comply with GDPR. With a centraliseddevice management, you will control and can restrict which devices andappsthat have access to company data, while giving you the ability to track data access in the event of a breach.
Efficient device management has many other benefits for the business. A unified environment with complete visibility and control results in reduced administration, increased security, optimised functionality and reduced support costs. Device inventory with the ability to track costs associated with usage and automated installations are further examples of the benefits of centralised device management.
Interested in learning more about WeSafe Device Management?
What does the GDPR say about device management?
Businesses must be able to account for which devices and apps have access to corporate data. In the event of a data breach, the business must be able to track data access and account for actions taken
Separate personal data from company data
Businesses are required to create a clear boundary between the user's personal data and the company's data
Protect devices from security threats
Central policies and security configurations shall be established for all devices and applications that have access to corporate data. Monitoring of device and application security compliance is also required.
What is included?
- Devices (computers, tablets and phones) with GDPR compliant security policies and configurations
- Protected devices with password protection, encryption, remote control and data deletion
- Corporate fire units
- Central policy governing all data storage to GDPR secured surfaces
- Central management of apps, information and applications
- Central control and restriction of employee access to company data
- Checking and monitoring to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements and company security requirements
- Automated and free installation and configuration of new devices (requires Windows 10 and autopilot)
- Central portal for inventory
Required license: Microsoft 365 Business or Enterprise Mobility + Security (or higher)
Requirements: Windows devices must be Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro
Read more about our other related services
Want to know how we can help your business with Wesafe Device Management? Get in touch and we'll tell you more!
More about Microsoft 365 from the Inspiration Portal
Inspiration and knowledge straight to your inbox
Sign up for our monthly inspirational newsletter that provides tips, insights and advice on new ways of working, processes, security related to Microsoft 365, Azure and Microsoft cloud platform tools.