What need do sensitivity labels meet?
Users in your organisation collaborate on documents and email both internally and externally. This means that information is not always protected in one place but can be transported between users, apps, devices and services. When information is moved, whether public or sensitive, it is desirable that this is done in a secure manner that meets the organisation's business and regulatory compliance requirements. The use of sensitivity tags also generates reports that indicate where the company's sensitive data resides, depending on usage.
With WeSafe sensitivity labels you get the opportunity to:
- Create a policy that forces users to choose a label
- Create unique labels
- Enabling the labels for Microsoft 365 - Groups and SharePoint sites
- Create automated label management
What are sensitivity labels?
Sensitivity labels define the particular sensitivity of a document, email and even Microsoft 365 groups. This is done by allowing the user to apply a label which in turn contains a predefined framework of rules. By default:
General: Anyone can open and read files and emails.
Internal: Permission control that allows only company employees to open file and e-mail.
External: Anyone can open and read file and e-mail.
Confidential: Can only be opened by specified recipients who must authenticate themselves. Red watermark on documents and encryption.
In addition, it is possible to send e-mails encrypted and remove the possibility of forwarding e-mails.
Are you interested in knowing more about sensitivity labels?
How do we get started?
WeSafe implements the above mentioned labels. We do this without user interaction and it happens in the background. You will then have the labels available in apps like Word, Excel and Outlook on devices like Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
Is this all?
Once the infrastructure for sensitivity labels is in place, new opportunities open up for further development. Here here are a few examples:
- A policy that forces users to choose a label. By having "internal" as the default, the user will have to make an active decision if company data should leave the organization, thus preventing data loss.
- Create unique labels for e.g. HR , teachers or management, which only they can see and open.
- Enable the labels for Microsoft 365 - Groups and SharePoint sites. These will then control the guest access rules depending on sensitivity.
- Forcing the use of Power BI to make the user aware of protecting the content.
- Ability to create automated label management.
- Ability to apply labels to fileand schematized datasets i Azure Purview. like SQL, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Azure Cosmos, AWS RDS.
Curious about sensitivity labels?
Want to know how we can help your company implement sensitivity labels? Get in touch and we'll tell you more!
More on Security & Compliance from the Inspiration Portal
It is clear that digital threats to business are increasing. Regardless of your industry or the size of your business, you can expect to be exposed to threats and intrusion attempts. You can, with simple means, secure your environment and address the biggest security gaps.
Inspiration and knowledge straight to your inbox
Sign up for our monthly inspirational newsletter that provides tips, insights and advice on new ways of working, processes, security related to Microsoft 365, Azure and Microsoft cloud platform tools.